These Pigeon Point management components focus on the AdvancedTCA®, AdvancedMC™ and µTCA® architectures and address the overall shelf level as well as the individual board level.
They benefit from our years of leadership in specification development and interoperability testing within PICMG ®. NVent SCHROFF is also active with the Service Availability™ Forum's Hardware Platform Interface (HPI), both with xTCA-tuned HPI products and in specification development.
- Pigeon Point Shelf Management Mezzanine (ShMM) Products
- Pigeon Point Hardware Platform Interface (HPI) Products
- Pigeon Point Board Management Reference (BMR) Products
Pigeon Point Shelf Management Mezzanine Solutions
These solutions use Shelf Management Mezzanines (ShMMs): small mezzanine boards
that install in a custom carrier optimized for your shelf architecture. Pre-loaded with the market-leading Pigeon Point Shelf Manager, a ShMM combines with your carrier to implement a Shelf Manager tailored to your shelf, with minimal development effort.
The Pigeon Point Shelf Management Starter Kit minimizes your shelf development effort and includes:
- BENCH TOP HARDWARE Immediate hands-on familiarization and "known-good" reference as you bring up your shelf
- REFERENCE SCHEMATICS ShMM carrier schematics as starting point for your custom carrier design
- FIRMWARE MODIFICATIONS Adjustments to the Shelf Adaptation Layer in the Pigeon Point Shelf Manager for your shelf
- COMPREHENSIVE DOCUMENTATION Covers hardware and firmware; targets both the shelf developer and shelf user
- ONE YEAR OF TECHNICAL SUPPORT Both hardware and firmware; includes schematic review of your carrier design
PIGEON POINT SHELF MANAGEMENT MEZZANINE PRODUCTS
|Pigeon Point ShMM-700R and Shelf Manager||Schroff Catalog Number||Base||Starter Kit||Important Note|
|Core of an AdvancedTCA Shelf Manager, complete with a NXP i.MX287 ARM9 processor, 128MB SDRAM and 64MB Flash, plus dual IPMB, Ethernet and serial interfaces.|
|- Shelf Management Mezzanine – 700 (Commercial Temperature)||21990-600|
- Shelf Management Mezzanine – 700 (Industrial Temperature)
** ShMM-700RI modules (p/n 21990-601) support an industrial temperature range. HOWEVER, the NXP i.MX287 will require a heat sink/cold plate, and likely air flow, in order to ensure its junction temperature does not exceed 105°C when operating at ambient temperatures above 70°C. Refer to Section 5 in the PPMM-700R Hardware Architecture document for further details.
|- Shelf Management Starter Kit (ShMM-700R)||21991-130|
|Pigeon Point Shelf Manager Source Code|
|Allows sophisticated users or developers of ShMM-based shelves to replace the Shelf Manager on their ShMMs with a customized or extended version.||Contact nVent
PIGEON POINT HARDWARE PLATFORM INTERFACE (HPI) PRODUCTS
HPI is emerging as the preferred foundation layer for management applications that interface to ATCA Shelf Managers.
Key features for all Pigeon Point HPI products:
- FOCUSED ON PIGEON POINT SHELF MANAGERS For most effective support
- MAPPING SPECIFICATION COMPLIANT Service Availability Forum HPI to xTCA Mapping
- SUPPORTED BY HPI AND ATCA EXPERTS Combined expertise often crucial
IntegralHPI™ operates as a subsystem of the Pigeon Point Shelf Manager:
- INTEGRATED WITH SHELF MANAGER For best time and memory performance
- HPI-ACCESSIBLE WITHIN SECONDS Of shelf startup, even for large shelves
- REDUNDANCY AWARE Using proven redundancy framework of Shelf Manager
- BINARY COMPATIBLE WITH OPENHPI CLIENT INTERFACE Use existing OpenHPI client application binaries
- REQUIRES ShMM WITH 64 MB FLASH And corresponding 128 MB RAM
Pigeon Point OpenHPI runs outside the Shelf Manager and is delivered as a value-added distribution of open source OpenHPI:
- SUPPORTS ATCA Using Pigeon Point Shelf Managers
- ON-ShMM OR OFF-ShMM OPERATION Off-ShMM connects to Shelf Managers via Ethernet
- REQUIRES ShMM WITH 64 MB FLASH For on-ShMM HPI service
|HARDWARE PLATFORM INTERFACE OPTION||Schroff Catalog Number|
|A subsystem of the Pigeon Point Shelf Manager, ready for installation on appropriate ShMM configurations, optionally enabled; directly services HPI service calls from OpenHPI-compatible client applications.||Contact nVent
|Pigeon Point OpenHPI|
|A distribution of open source OpenHPI with significant Pigeon Point value adds; proprietary Pigeon Point plug-in includes functional, compliance and performance improvements.||Contact nVent
PIGEON POINT BOARD MANAGEMENT REFERENCE SOLUTIONS
These solutions provide a Pigeon Point Board Management Reference (BMR) specific to
the type of PICMG controller you need, complete with schematics and firmware source code, ready for easy and quick integration with your board.
Each solution is built around highly-integrated core silicon: a SmartFusion® intelligent mixed signal FPGA or an STMicroelectronics ARM® Cortex®-M4 based STM32F4 high performance microcontroller.
The Pigeon Point Board Management Starter Kit minimizes your management controller development effort and includes:
- BENCH TOP HARDWARE Immediate hands-on familiarization and "known-good" reference as you bring up your board
- REFERENCE SCHEMATICS For chosen management controller; ready for integration with the schematics of your board
- REFERENCE FPGA DESIGN Usable on the SmartFusion core silicon, as is, or with added custom logic
- COMPLETE FIRMWARE SOURCE CODE Designed for easy configuration to the specifics of your board
- COMPLETE GNU TOOL CHAIN Includes source code; supports the processor type in your management controller
- COMPREHENSIVE DOCUMENTATION Covers hardware and firmware; includes customization and bring up guidance
- ONE YEAR OF TECHNICAL SUPPORT Both hardware and firmware; includes schematic review of your design
For more detailed information, read the product briefs listed below.
PIGEON POINT BOARD MANAGEMENT REFERENCE PRODUCTS
An introduction to configuring, using and updating the Shelf Manager, including specific aspects for the ShMM-500R, ShMM-1500R and ShMM-700R.
A reference for the command line, Web, SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) and RMCP (Remote Management Control Protocol) interfaces of the Shelf Manager.
An introduction to configuring and using Pigeon Point's HPI solutions.
nVent serves local and multi-national companies with sales offices and manufacturing locations around the world. You can find all our global sales office and distributors for Schroff products here.
For inquiries regarding Pigeon Point products, please contact our direct pigeon point product customer service.
Direct contact for nVent SCHROFF Pigeon Point products
|General Information:||[email protected]|